Monday, October 14, 2013

Week 10/14-10/18

Good evening parents and guardians,

We had our first official pictures taken today!! I think I was more nervous for this than the first day of school. Just like many of my students I am experiencing many firsts and I couldn't be more happy and blessed to be sharing these moments with your children.

Here is  some information about what is happening this week in my classroom as well as any upcoming events at REACH.


Language Arts:

  • We began our 2nd unit today, time is flying by super quick.
    • This week we will be learning about Flowers.
      • Unit 2, Week 1- "Looking at flowers"
        • Content Knowledge: Looking at Flowers
        • Phonemic Awareness: Initial /a/
        • Phonics: /a/ Spelled Aa
        • Comprehension Skill: Compare and Contrast
        • Conventions: Nouns for More Than One
        • Handwriting: A and a
        • Listening and Speaking: Listen for Sequence
        • NEW HIGH FREQUENCY WORDS (Sight words): Have, Is
Math :
  • We began unit 3
  • This week we will be learning about the numbers 6-8
History:
  • We began unit 3
  • This week we will be learning about jobs people do in the community.

Upcoming school events:
  • Oct 17, 2013- Great California Shakeout at 10am
  • Oct 21-25, 2013- Red Ribbon Week
    • October 21st – October 25th “A Healthy Me is Drug-Free!”
       Monday - Red Run Day – Wear red shirts. Turn in posters!
      Tuesday – " Turn the lights out on drugs" - Wear Pajamas  
      Wednesday – “Sock it to drugs!” - Wear silly socks.
      Thursday – “Hats off to me, I’m drug-free!” - Wear a hat. 
      Friday – Awards Assembly – Poster contest winners announced!  “My future is bright no drugs in sight!” - Wear sunglasses.
  • Oct 25, 2013-Award Assembly 8:00 am
  • Oct 28-Nov 1- Book Fair
  • Oct 31, 2014- Fall Carnival 

As always, if you have any questions or concerns please email me and I will get to you as soon as I can.

Have great rest of the day, 
Miss. Maciel

No comments:

Post a Comment