Monday, October 21, 2013

In this week's happenings (10/21-10/25)

Gooood evening parents/guardian!


Phew, what a busy/exciting day!! Quite a few things happened on this Monday that kept me busy, busy, BUT all for my school. I began my day re-organizing my room (luckily I have my little brother who attends Poly and doesn't mind waking up earlier on Monday's to help me). After this I had breakfast duty, a time I feel is pretty relaxing and a great way to begin the children's day (helping them get breakfast and just saying Good morning). Than my teaching day begin, the first day of Red Ribbon week. Today, as you may have noticed, was wear a red shirt day. After the school day ended, I had the pleasure of attending my first REACH ELAC meeting. I was excited to help out with the meeting and get the school year started in a great way. After this I came home, rested for a bit, then headed off to Target to get my PJ's for tomorrow and part of my Halloween costume for next week (I have a feeling my kiddos are going to love it!!! I will be attempting to dress up as one of their favorite book characters).
Here I am now, in my room, listening to music, updating my blog as promised to give you information on this new week and any school news. :)

Lets get started:

Language Arts

  • Story- "Nature Spy"
  • Content Knowledge: Looking at Nature
  • Phonemic Awareness: Initial /s/
  • Phonics: /s/ Spelled Ss
  • Comprehension Skill: Setting
  • Conventions: Proper Nouns
  • Handwriting: S and s
  • Sight words: Have, Is
Math:
  • Numbers 1-10
  • Using a number line
Science:
  • Began Chapter 3- Living and nonliving things
  • I sent home the introduction letter today in the student' homework folder


School events:
  • RED RIBBON WEEK
    • tomorrow- wear pajamas
    • Wed- 10/23- Silly socks
    • Thurs- 10/24- Wear a hat
    • Fri- Wear glasses
10/21-10/25 Red Ribbon Week - "A Healthy Me is Drug Free"
 
  • Monday 10/21 - Red Run Day - Wear Red Shirts - Turn in Posters
  • Tuesday 10/22 - "Turn the lights out on Drugs" - Wear Pajamas - Student Assembly by Riverside Police Department in Mainness Hall TK/K @ 8:30a, 1st Grade 9a, 2nd/3rd Grade 9:30a
  • Wednesday 10/23 - "Sock it to Drugs" - Wear Silly Socks - 100 Mile Club
  • Thursday 10/24 - "Hats off to me, I'm Drug Free" - Wear a Hat
  • Friday 10/25 - "My future is bright, no Drugs in sight" -  Wear Sunglasses Monthly Student Awards Assembly TK/K @ 8a, 1st Grade @ 8:45a, 2nd/3rd Grade 9:20a - Poster Contest Winners announced
  • Book Fair
    • 10/28-11/1
    • the PTO still needs parent volunteers if you are interested or are able to help in any way
10/28 - 11/1 Scholastic Book Fair
 
  • Set up for the Book Fair will occur Monday morning and the Fair will be open for 1 hour in the morning and 1 hour at dismissal M-F with Break down happening Friday at 2p
  • 10/31 - Students are allowed to arrive to school dressed-up as a character from their favorite book and bring that book with them to share with the class.
  • 10/31 - Fall Book Carnival TK/K @ 12noon, 1st Grade at 1pm and 2nd/3rd Grade at 2p.  The booths for the Carnival are being created based on books.


School events: (cont.)

  • Breakfast/lunch
    • I was notified today by Ms. Judy that many parents have yet to fill in the October breakfast/lunch forms, please do so ASAP :)
    • IF your child receives free lunch, you MUST still fill out the form, to assure the correct amount of food is ordered daily
    • if you have any questions please feel to email me or stop by the office
  • 100 mile club
    • Our class will continue to acquire miles during PE from 1:15-1:30
    • Also, PTO is still holding their after school runs every Wednesday
      • I have seen many parents get invoked, this is awesome! THANK YOU!
I think this is it for now :) If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to email me, 

Have great rest of the week everyone!
Miss. Maciel

PS. Don't forget to wear your PJs tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. thank you sooo much Ms. Maciel!!! you are doing a great job!!! Lauren is Learning so much from you... even more than when she was going to a private school in my opinion! Thank You!

    ReplyDelete