Monday, November 18, 2013

This week...

Good evening parents and guardians,

This is going to be a fun, busy, short week. Here is a look at my week's plans:

  • Language Arts
    • Story: Jack and the Beanstalk
    • Content Knowledge: Real and Make-Believe Plants
    • Phonemic Awareness: Initial Sounds
    • Phonics: /i/ Spelled Ii
    • Comprehension Skill: Realism and Fantasy
    • Handwriting: I and i
  • Language Arts TESTING
    • This past Friday the students took their weekly comprehension exam on sequencing. The students were read a story and were asked to asked place 3 pictures in order. The students had a bit of a difficult time with this exam. I know my students are able to tell me the beginning, middle and end of a story, they do it all the time. Since the test scores were not as high as I felt they could be, i retested them again today. I used a different story, but still maintaining the same objective: sequencing. These new test score were much better!
    • Since we are currently covering the final week of Unit 2, the students will be taking their Unit 2 exam. The exam will cover everything they have learned this unit.
      • Sight words 
        • have, is, we, my, like, he, for
      • Sound /s/, /m/, /t/, /a/, /p/, /k/ and most recently introduced /i/
      • Comprehension topics: compare/contrast, setting, main idea, realism/fantasy, sequence.
  • Math
    • Continue learning about shapes (square, triangle, rectangle, circle)
    • identify and describe common geometric objects (e.g., circle, triangle, square, rectangle, cube, sphere, cone
  • Social Studies
    • We area learning about the first Thanksgiving 
    • Why did it happen, who was involved
Lunch Order Forms
  • They were sent home today, please be sure to fill them out and return them by the due date.
Parent conferences
  • This week we will be holding parent/teacher conferences. The students will not have school this Thursday or Friday. I look forward to talking with each of you. If you need notification about your scheduled time please email me and I will let you know your time.

As always if there are any questions or concerns please feel free to email me.

Have a great evening, 
Miss. Maciel

No comments:

Post a Comment