Monday, December 2, 2013

Week of 12/2-12/6

Good evening parents and guardians, 

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving Day with all your loved ones.

Here is my update on what is going on in my classroom as well as some other information for the month of December.

This week:

  • Language Arts
    • Story of the week- "Little Panda" Unit 3 Wk 1
    • Content Knowledge: How a Baby Panda Changes
    • Phonemic Awareness: Initial /n/
    • Phonics: /n/ Spelled Nn
    • Comprehension Skill: Compare and Contrast
    • Phonemic awareness: initial /b/
    • Phonics: /b/ spelled Bb
  • Math
    • 3D shapes (cubes, cones, rectangular solids and spheres)
      • Student will be tested on these this Thursday
    • Begin unit 6 on patterns
  • Social Studies/Science
    • As a kindergarten team we decided to do a winter unit which covers some of the holidays celebrated in the month of December
      • This week we will be covering Hanukkah
More information:
  • Today
    • I sent home the form with my access code to let you make your profile to view our Language Arts and Science curriculum
      • If you have any trouble setting up your account please let me know
  • 12/6/13 Report cards sent home
    • *Grades for writing numbers 1-20: Students grades for this first trimester were only based on numbers 1-10
  • 12/11/13 Coffee with director 8-9 am
  • 12/13/13 Early Release day
    • Family Friday- Kindergarten Lunch from 10:00-10:30
  • 12/18/13 Winter Performance Assembly 8:30-11:00 AM
  • 12/20/13 Award Assembly
    • Christmas Party (more information to go home soon!)
These next few weeks will go by fast, but I hope to fill them with lots of memories for your kiddos. This is the month I remember the most from my elementary years and I hope to do the same for my students.

As always if there is anything I may be able to help you with please let me know. 

Thank you, 
Miss. Maciel

No comments:

Post a Comment