Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Giving Back to those in need...

Good evening parents and guardians,

Miss. Maciel here once again with a bit more information.
As I mentioned in my last 2 posts, and as you may have seen in fliers sent home from school, REACH this year with be donating baskets filled with goodies to families in need this Thanksgiving holiday.

Each class has been assigned specific items to bring in. My class has been put in charge of bringing in boxes of baking goods (cake mixes, brownies, pie makings). Not only will this give our kiddos a chance to help others, but they will also be learning about helping those in need all month.
REACH will try its best to provide around 20 baskets to families and we will also have outside help from a big chain super market store. Dr. Rentie asks that's all students wear REACH shirts from Nov. 18-20 not only to show our school pride, but to bring all students together during this time of giving to others and being thankful for what we have.
On November 19 all classes (from 12:45-2:00 pm) will be decorating the boxes that will then be filled with the donated items. This day the Press Enterprise will also be present! We will get a chance to show all of Riverside and the Inland Empire what our school is all about, but most importantly we will be able to show our school "family". We stick together and help those in need. If you would like to help this day please let me know. The baskets of goods will then be distributed after school on Nov 20th.
If you would like to sign up for a basket please stop by the office.

Side Note:
I wanted to share a moment I had in class today. As I was calling up students to get their items from their mailboxes, I stopped and thought to myself…"This is my class. What i have worked for so hard. I am truly blessed to have such a great group of kids." I felt such happiness that I had to hold back tears of joy. Parents and guardians please know that I beyond thankful for everything you do for your children, my class and for myself. I know they are your children, but to me they are my kids :)

As always if you ever have any questions or concerns please feel free to email me.

Have a great evening,
Miss. Maciel

No comments:

Post a Comment