Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Meals on Wheels and Royals Newsletters

Good evening parents and guardians,

I wanted to ask for some help with regards to a special project REACH will be involved in, Meals on Wheels.  Mrs. Schreck came up with a great idea, especially since this month we are focusing on the core value of SERVICE, and helping those in need. As a school we will be creating place mats for Meals on Wheels. Transitional kindergarten, kindergarten and 3rd grade will be creating Christmas themed place mats. I would love to work on these during our last week of school before Thanksgiving break. I was wondering, if it were possible, IF you could possibly donate Christmas themed stickers and other goodies to decorate/create the mats. Since our kiddos are smaller, I thought it would be fun and easier if they had objects they could just stick on their personalized mats, to make them that much nicer. Once the mats are complete, I will be going to CM School Supplies to laminate them and turning them over to Meal on Wheels to use. Stickers, glitter pens, any sort of crafts items (many of these items found at any 99 cent) would work great, and would be used towards a projects that would give our students a chance to give back to their community. If you are able to donate any items, THANK YOU!!!!


Royals Newsletter

  • This month's newsletter when home today. Please be sure to look it over as there are some important announcement.
  • Here are some important point in the newsletter that I did not mention in yesterdays blog post.
  1. Important dates section (pg 2)
  2. Lost and Found
    • All unclaimed items will be orated to charity before Thanksgiving break.
  3. Singapore Math Night
    • November 14, 2013 from 5:30-7:00
  4. Recess Reading
    • Begins Dec. 2nd. 
  5. Minimum Day Change
    • Will be changing to FRIDAY'S beginning Dec 13.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to send me an email. I am usually pretty good about responding right away.

Thank you for all that you do for my class and our school. This year I can finally say, I am THANKFUL for my students and their supportive parents.

Have a great rest of the day, 
Miss. Maciel


No comments:

Post a Comment