Saturday, October 4, 2014

Look into our week 10/6-10/10

Good morning parents and guardians,
Our first month of school and come and gone! October is going to be filled with lots of learning and fun activities, just like the month of September. October is also the month we begin Kindergarten leveled rotations and school wide rotations for ELD, RTI and second language. Students last week were sent home with a letter stating where they will be going. If you have any questions please feel free to email me.

Lets begin with some school news:


Also, coming soon to REACH:



Look at our week

  • I will be out of my classroom once again this upcoming week, but only for the second part of the day (M, T, TH, F). I will be out the entire day on Wednesday. I will still be on campus testing and will be checking in on my class from time to time. Please remind your children to follow all the directions and rules, just as if I was there.
                  • THANK YOU!


Language Arts:



Math:
  • Finish up Chapter 2 and test
    • Numbers 0-9 (write and compare numbers)
      • *We pushed back the date to accommodate the leveled rotations starting this week
  • Begin Chapter 3
    • Students will order objects by size.
    • Students will use comparing words and pair up sets of objects.
    • Students will order objects by length
Social Studies:
  • Christopher Columbus
Science:
  • Boats (sink or float)
    • How are different kinds of boats made
    • What makes boats float?
  • Experiment (FRIDAY)
    • Students will make their own boats out of straws, tape, aluminum paper, wax paper, Popsicle sticks
      • *If you are able to donate any of these items please feel free to email me :)

Leadership:
  • Leading by example

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to email me or stop by my classroom.

Thank you and enjoy the weekend, 
Miss. Maciel



No comments:

Post a Comment