Monday, September 30, 2013

This week 9/30-10/4

Good evening parents and guardians,

Miss. Maciel here to inform you of this week's happenings.

Language Arts:

  • Story of the week: "Smash! Crash!"
  • High frequency words (Sight words): a, to
  • Phonics: /m/ spelled Mm
  • Phonemic awareness: initial and final /m/
  • Text-based comprehension: Character
  • Amazing words: signals, proper, perfect, dud, pirates and fabulous
Writing:
  • Letter Mm
  • Captions
Math:
  • Understanding graphing
  • Numbers 1-3
Science- I sent home the introduction letter for Chapter 2, which we began today. This chapter focuses on solving problems. Please feel free to do the recommended experiments- one this week and one next week.

Behavior:
   - Today I decided to begin something new in class that still uses the clip chart system I explained on back to school night but I made a few changes for the best. First off, students will no longer receive a weekly start report. Many parents wanted daily feedback, so instead if your child is on Blue or Green; they will receive a happy face at the end of the day. I told the students they are responsible for the happy faces and once they collected 5 they could then go to the treasure chest for a prize. This not only make the kiddos more responsible for their stuff but give parents quick feed back about how their day was. Another change I made will be sending home notes to parents if their child is on orange or red (each note in the respective color). I explained to the students that their parents must sign the note and it then must be returned to me the next day. If you would like more information please feel free to email me.

OCTOBER 2, 2013
   - It is really important that all children are present and on time this upcoming Wednesday. Not only will our school look better with all our children present, but our funding depends on it. Parents please be sure to be on time and ready for the Pledge at 7:40 am.

IMPORTANT FORMS-
 - Parents and guardians please be sure to check your child's backpack/ folder daily. The office and myself have sent home important papers that need to be returned, not all students have done so.


As always, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to email me and I will try my best to get back at you right away.

Thank you and enjoy the rest of this Monday, 
Miss. Maciel

PS. Thank you for all the donations our classroom has received. Our class truly appreciates it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment