Friday, June 13, 2014

Week of 6/16-6/20

Good evening parents and guardians, 

I hope your kiddos had a GREAT time at Lego Land, I know I did! It was so much fun seeing my students getting on rides and taking pictures with their friends and families. I see pictures and they look so little, but to me they are big….first graders. I can't believe I only have 9 days with them :( 
I had a talk with them the other day and let them know that my classroom will always be their classroom. I told them they can always stop by to say hi, give me a high five or a hug. As they get older I told them I would love for them to come and help in some way or even read to my future kindergartners. Many were excited but sad at the same time. It broke my heart to look over and see one of my boys in tears. Parents please let your kids know that I will still be around and they can always come visit. I still want to know what is going on in their life because to me they will always be my kids.

With the school year coming to an end out weeks are getting filled with more testing but also fun. 
Here is a peek at our week.

Language Art:

  • Finish end of the year testing (especially for those students that were absent)
    • Includes writing sample
  • Baseball Unit
    • I found this really fun unit that incorporate baseball and language art
      • We will be reading a few book about baseball and create our own baseball teams, mascots and jerseys!
Math:
  • Review money (penny, nickel, dime, and quarter) and time (to the hour and half hour)
  • End of the year exam
    • This test will cover all the topics we have covered this year
      • Feel free to review 
        • Numbers 1-20 and 20-1
        • counting quantities
        • shapes
        • patterns
        • time
        • money
        • adding to 10
        • subtracting to 10
        • more than, less than, equal to
Science:
  • Chapter 7- Matter and Mixture test
  • Begin Chapter 8-Motion

Class News:
  • ABC countdown
    • Letters covered this week
      • M-Music, N-Never give up, O-Olympics, P-play (field trip), Q-Quiz

  • Science and Art Expo
    • June 19 from 5:00-6:00 pm
      • Student will be presenting our classroom project with you
      • Also student work will be on display
      • A flier went home this week with more information
School News:
  • 6/19 Science and Art Expo 5:00-6:00 pm
  • 6/20 Awards Assembly- last of this school year- Kindergarten 8:00 am
  • 6/25 Game Day-End of the year classroom party
  • 6/26 Last day of school
    • Early dismissal 12:00 pm
    • NO after school program
    • Kindergarten promotion @ 10:30 am
Please email me or catch me at school if you have any questions or would like more information.

Have a great weekend, 
Miss. Maciel



No comments:

Post a Comment